About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I don't write here nearly as much as I should, but when I do, I'll try to make it count for something.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013, Let's Be Buds

So here's the thing. I feel like every year I make all these resolutions to improve my life, but mostly they are a recipe for failure. I have realized it's because these resolutions are often not in tune with the realities of my life - and they're always so specific. Lose X amount of pounds. Only have drinks with dinner. Date more eligible bachelors.

Honestly, at this point, I only have two resolutions and I plan on keeping them:

1) Improve my friendships

2) Improve my body, mind & soul

The first one is easier. I feel as though I have taken a few friendships for granted but like any relationship, you need to be there and you need to work at it. Also, surrounding myself with people I love can only help with the second resolution.

Improving my body, mind & soul involves a bunch of small things:

• Get back into running
• Take myself out for Sunday morning movies again
• Read more books that are out of my circle of comfort
• Balance my bank account more often
• Cook more - get creative in the kitchen
• Get back into practicing the guitar (no matter how terrible I think I am at it)

This may seem like a lot but I don't feel like it is. These are just everyday actions that, I believe, will put me on a positive road I want to be on. I almost put "drink less" on there too but... well, who am I kidding? So I'll just say "be less indulgent."

So get ready, 2013! I'm getting myself together and by gosh, you and I are going to make this a fantastic year!

#TheYearofNatacia

No comments:

Post a Comment